Toxins are roughly defined as any substance that may harm our health either physical or mental. Toxins may come from internal or external. Those from internal can be metabolites, (side products in the metabolic process), harmful chemical elements in the food eaten, supplements and medication taken, and the water drank etc… The external toxins may come from polluted environment, the stress we got from the life, work and personal relations. Stress received is translated into a negative force that weakens our immune systems, reduces our body functions and jeopardizes overall health.
Our body systems and organs work very hard every minute, and work together in an amazing way to eliminate those toxins out of our body. The five major detox organs, liver, intestines, kidneys, lungs, skin, plus blood and lymphatic system are designed to operate in their individual capacity, to ensure that toxins are transformed chemically to less harmful compound, and are excreted from the body.
Detox program tends to be thought designed for people who suffer from the intoxication, however, as medical science develops and the scope of detox expends, people realize that detoxification practice is literally needed by everybody. For people with health conditions, detox programs help directly or indirectly the recovery of illnesses, while for healthy people, detox program works toward the maintaining health and serving anti-aging purposes. Nevertheless, everybody should consult with a professional health practitioner before engage in any kinds of detox programs.
Nobody can literally escape to a safe haven free from toxins and pollutants. The air that we breathe is polluted (the effect of global warming, ozone layer issues, dissipation of the nuclear polluted clouds), the water that we drink is chemically contaminated, the clothing we wear is made of artificial fabrics and chemicals, the lotions and shampoos that we use all contain chemicals. Once these chemicals are inside us, we can never fully eliminate them unless we undergo a detoxification process. As a matter of fact, do detoxification in one way or another is one of the best ways to remain healthy in a polluted and toxic environment.
A carefully designed detox plan can make a big difference in optimizing the bodily functions. It may even help prevent chronic opportunistic diseases such as cancer, diabetes, chronic fatigue and arthritis. Studies show that detoxification coupled with a healthy diet is an essential anti-aging tool.
What we can expect from the good detoxification plan
1. Digestive tract is cleansed of waste and fermenting bacteria accumulated in the colon.
2. Liver, kidney, and blood purification can take place which cannot be achieved by regular diet.
3. Less brain fog and more mental clarity, as the compromised mental power may be caused by the harmful chemicals lodged in the brain.
4. Addition and dependency on habit forming substances such as sugar, caffeine, nicotine, alcohol and drugs can be reduced and eliminated.
5. Stomach size is returned to normal as bad eating habits can be stopped.
6. Hormonal system is enhanced which is essential for the anti-aging purposes.
7. Immune system is activated and stimulated in a good way.